Engineer I - oil and gas
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/6/2019
END DATE 1/17/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONFrom the moment you join us, you ll be immersed in what it s like to be an engineer at Mott MacDonald. You ll work with a team of exceptional engineers and project managers who have a passion for engineering and design. From your first week, you ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills you ve been studying to start your career in the industry.
This role will be located in the Lexington office, and will be instrumental in supporting the Oil and Gas team. Responsibilities will include the following:
* Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
* Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
* May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyzes data and prepares reports.
* Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
* Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
* Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
* Attends meetings with Clients and Contractors.
* Receives and reviews various Shop Drawings for projects.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate must possess:
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
* Strong communication skills
* Interest and desire to be exposed to site
* Software experience: AutoCAD familiarity, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.