Engineer II, Controls 6/4/2020
Voith US Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of 4.3 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith US Inc., S&U - Upgrades Appleton department, we are looking for:
Engineer II, Controls
Summary To design control system for paper machine rebuilds, upgrades or other projects such as machine optimization, from order placement to final acceptance by the customer. The control engineer will:
* Assist with control system design and BOM (bill of materials)
* PLC configuration, programming, HMI development and network design.
* Support installation, commissioning, and service for these systems.
* Provide customer training on these systems.
* To design control systems including control cabinets, junction boxes, network, hydraulics / pneumatics systems and define necessary sensors / instrumentation for the applications
* To program process control systems and develop SCADA / HMI applications
* To ensure compliance with project specifications and Voith directives
* To participate in the Factory Acceptance tests (FAT) as required
* To participate in the start-up or support service team at the mill as required
* To participate in the lessons learned meeting and necessary corrective actions to resolve deficiencies
* To support proposal / sales team on technical matters
* To be an active project team member and to foster team spirit within the team
* To provide assistance to customer as needed
* A Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of process and machine control experience preferably in the paper industry.
* Proficient with PLC programming and configuration (Rockwell ControlLogix and FTView) SCADA development and configuration.
* Ability to use CAE tool (COMOS, AutoCadE, etc).
* Basic understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems
Physical Demands -
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Voith US Inc. is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law..