Engineer II, Embedded Software
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2019
END DATE 10/9/2019
Skaneateles Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONHillrom (NYSE: HRC) is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions.
Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
As an Embedded Software Engineer II, you will develop innovative medical software in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for bringing cool ideas to life and maximizing hardware and software performance. You will be responsible for writing firmware for device drivers, task manager, device manger, control algorithms, and various communication protocols which make our products exceptional. You develop tools which automate the software build process, system design and production testing.
The Embedded Software Engineer II will work collaboratively to define & execute embedded development tasks. You will be involved in all aspects of the development process from concept & proposals thru production as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team.
Working on a cross-functional product development team whose daily activities will focus on the design, development, documentation and test of products for Hillrom. As the product transitions to the sales team pre-sales and post-sales, support will be required as needed to support our customers.
* Bachelor's degree - Appropriate technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science; Computer Engineering)
* 2-4 years in an engineering or technical role with the following skills:
* Problem-solving skills using formal methodologies to determine root cause and effective solutions to problems
* Participation in an environment with a product development lifecycle
* Strong ability to design and develop modular software using C/C++
* Development experience on embedded systems
PREFER BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE WITH:
* Medical device development
* Visual Studio
* Team Foundation Server
* Embedded Linux
* Wireless radio experience (WiFi, Bluetooth)
* Qt UI development
* Qt Creator
* Networking and cyber security
* Programming with real-time constraints
* Low level system software and hardware interface understanding
* Experience in an Agile development environment
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://hillrom.contacthr.com/71873808.jpg /