Battle Creek, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Boiler Operator position is responsible for operating gas and fuel oil boilers for the Mill. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining and operating all auxiliary equipment associated with the powerhouse.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Inspect and check boilers, feed water equipment, auxiliary equipment, gauges and controls regularly.
* Operate powerhouse equipment - making any necessary adjustments to assure the most efficient powerhouse operation.
* Record various meter readings periodically for use in determining the cost of powerhouse operation.
* Lubricate and clean powerhouse equipment.
* Perform analysis of all water, determine requirements and perform all actions necessary to maintain proper water chemistry specifications.
* Accurately maintain all powerhouse records and logs as directed by management. For example, all regulatory agency required record keeping.
* Change all filter media/screens and perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and required.(See attached list for examples)
* Unload/load and take inventory of all chemicals.
* Assist in installation, maintenance, and repair on powerhouse equipment that involves, but not limited to, packing pumps, setting, dismantling, and reassembling plant equipment.
* Direct the training and job assignments of apprentice(s).
* Must follow safety and housekeeping techniques in accordance with shop rules.
* The statement contained in this job description reflect the general duties and principal function of the job, but are not a detailed description
* or all the duties that may be in the job.
* Diligently practices good safety and housekeeping techniques in accordance with the Shop Rules, Safety Rules and Safety Absolutes.
* Other duties as assigned.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.