Engineering Head, Digital Marketing 5/2/2020
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Engineering Head, Digital Marketing
ENGINEERING HEAD, DIGITAL MARKETING
Micro Focus is one of the world s largest enterprise software providers. We help customers digitally transform their organization and achieve the speed, agility, security, and insights necessary to succeed in today s rapidly evolving marketplace. By design, our solutions bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DEVOPS | IT OPERATIONS| CLOUD | SECURITY | INFO GOVERNANCE | BIG DATA, MACHINE LEARNING, & ANALYTICS
Take charge of your future and join our Digital Marketing team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world s software landscape. https://microfocusinternational.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/digitalcoe/Pages/Digital%20CoE%20Homepage.aspx
ABOUT THE ROLE
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven enterprise Senior Engineering Manager who will be responsible guiding the development of applications for the global Digital Marketing platform.
THE ENGINEERING HEAD WILL:
* Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code built on a modern tech stack and tackle hard engineering problems.
* Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
* Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
* Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
* Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
* Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
* Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team s code, architecture, and processes.
* Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
* Own your team s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
* Help your team build relationships across functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
* At leasty 15 years experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* A technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
* Experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development and believe in building both teams and products that scale, icnluding expeirence successfully managing dispersed teams.
* Success working in a collaborative environment and driving projects to completion creatively.
* Experience motivating others and instilling a strong sense of ownership in the team.
* Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
* Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS