Engineering Manager, Trust Tools
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTRUST ENGINEERING AT AIRBNB:
Everyone at Airbnb thinks about trust, but our team obsesses over it daily. At the core of trust is safety, and thus we spend a significant amount of our time and energy keeping the community safe. The Trust team is responsible for protecting our community and platform from fraud while also ensuring our hosts, guests, homes, and experiences meet our high standards. We constantly work to fight against online fraud (such as chargebacks, compromised accounts, spam and scam in messages, fake inventory, etc.) as well as offline fraud (theft, property damage, personal safety, etc.). We also work on onboarding and screening of users, and think about complex topics like identity and reputation to ensure that every interaction with Airbnb helps build trust in us and our community. Trust Engineering is responsible for the technology vision and development of a complex stack that runs on every key interaction on the platform.
We re looking for an Engineering Manager for our Seattle team to create bespoke tooling to prevent fraud and keep users safe with proactive review tooling. This includes a building a platform to enable an ecosystem of tools and services for teams to build tools and products on.
WHAT DOES BEING AN ENGINEERING MANAGER AT AIRBNB LOOK LIKE:
Being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb allows you bring a diverse set of skills all into focus to help us drive growth and impact across the world. You will necessarily have a technical background but are now responsible for important product and infrastructure surface areas to move forward. At a high level, that means a high interaction rate with your cross-functional peers (product, design, data science, research, and more) to develop strategy, long-term goals, and execution plans to get there. Day-to-day, you ll be responsible for making sure the engineering team is delivering while adapting to all the changes that come along as projects go forward. In addition, you ll be responsible for the career growth of your overall team internally at Airbnb - everything from 1:1 s to career progression plans and whole team career forecasts. You ll be intimately involved in recruiting and working both with our internal recruiting team, our M&A team, as well as investing in growing your team directly. You ll make sure the quality of the engineering efforts are always exceptional by setting up the correct processes and quality control checks for the team to execute within and you ll identify new technologies and skill sets to bring into the team to keep the team moving forward on new challenges.
WE VALUE ENGINEERING MANAGERS WHO HAVE: * 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience.
* Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. Experience building operational tools is a plus.
* Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
* Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
* Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
* Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
* Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
* Been actively involved in setting product strategy
* Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
* Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
BENEFITS: * Stock
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...