This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/19/2020
END DATE 3/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeosyntec is seeking an Engineering Technician to join our operations in Tampa or Clearwater, Florida. You will provide a wide range of site assessment, remediation implementation/operations & maintenance, and construction oversight services for environmental projects throughout Florida to support geologists, engineers, and scientists. Our client base is diverse and is comprised of private, state and federal clients and market sectors involved in hazardous waste, solid waste, oil and gas, power, water and natural resources. The role requires the ability and willingness to work outdoors, perform extensive fieldwork, travel regularly, and an interest in building a career in the environmental consulting field.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Engineering Technician position include:
* Environmental data collection for groundwater, soil, and soil vapor sampling programs;
* Project support for small to large environmental construction and remediation projects, including operation and maintenance (O&M) of remediation systems and subcontractor oversight;
* Monitor activities on job sites to ensure compliance with relevant contract documents (e.g. technical specifications, construction drawings, sampling plans, construction quality assurance plans [CQA] etc.);
* Provide CQA monitoring on several types of construction and/or environmental activities on enviro-civil construction sites;
* Prepare daily and weekly field reports, construction schedules & progress reports;
* Ensure project documentation is correct and consistent with company policy & procedures;
* Interact with project personnel (contractors, project managers, engineers & clients) and assist in cultivating an integrated team approach through open lines of communications and participation in work progress meetings;
* Assist in the preparation of the final reports, work plans, health and safety documents, and the assembly of report appendices; and
* Observe and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the site-specific project health and safety plans and the company's Environmental Health and Safety Management policies and procedures.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical Engineering Technician position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional and technical development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our staff to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
* Fieldwork: 75 to 100%
* Overnight travel: Up to 75%
Your success is our success. We encourage our technicians and professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED). (required)
* Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college and the ability to monitor several different types of construction and environmental activities simultaneously. (preferred)
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, including survey and topographical drawings. (required)
* Ability to be trained on the operation of industry typical monitoring, sampling (soil, groundwater, soil gas, air, sediment, surface water), and data collection equipment, including but not limited laptop and handheld computers, , scales, and other equipment. (required)
* Ability to ensure field activities comply with construction plans and specifications and the ability to monitor several different types of activities simultaneously. (required)
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic. (required)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software programs. (required)
* Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and 50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering controls. (required)
* Ability to speak and hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. (required)
* Reliable transportation, a valid U.S. driver's license, and satisfactory driving record for business travel.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer; visa sponsorship is not available.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ENGIN02335
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).