Engineering Technician 1/17/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role:
Tesla is seeking energetic and highly motivated Engineering Technicians to join our pilot production team. You will be part of a new pilot program where your impact will contribute to laying the foundation for a new product line. You will be contribute to process development, equipment improvement, and maintenance. A strong drive to learn new skills and acquire knowledge will enhance your ability to support production operations while improving processes, while your flexibility and communication skills enhance your ability to be team player.
* Operate and troubleshoot process equipment
* Work with engineers and maintenance technicians in tool reconfigurations or modifications
* Execute experiments and trial runs as designed by the engineering team
* Collaborate with both production technicians and engineers by providing detailed reports and observations
* Train new operators and technicians on equipment operation and processes
* Work with maintenance and engineers to improve quality, yield, and throughput of product
* Track and analyze key production metrics.
* Adhere to company policies of safety and conduct
* B.S. degree in a mechanical or electrical field (or equivalent)
* 5+ years of experience in a pilot or production setting
* Able to interpret mechanical and electrical schematics as well as engineering drawings
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word
* Knowledge in SPC, Process Capability, and Gauge R&R
* Knowledge in basic material fabrication (3 axis mill, lathe, etc.) a plus
* Knowledge in CAD and GD&T a plus
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.