Engineering Technician II (Job ID# 1491666)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 10/20/2020
Sayres and Associates Corporation
Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan District Office's 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2017, Sayres and Associates Corporation continues to grow in a highly competitive environment while exceeding customers' expectations.
Sayres is seeking an Engineering Technician II with active Secret security clearance, verifiable in JPAS.
Position is located in Norfolk, VA.
Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
This position includes:
* Performing assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed
* Selecting or adapting standard procedures or equipment
* Constructing components or adapting standard equipment
* May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions
* Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices
* Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and recording test data
* Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, and selecting methods of data presentation.
* Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts
* Developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, and Clearance Requirements
* Valid active Secret security clearance required
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad. Sayres & Associates https://sayresandassociates.applicantpro.com