Enterprise Architect 5/6/2020
Fort Washington, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY "
Noblis is seeking an Enterprise Architect at Fort Washington, MD
The Secretary of the Air Force, Administrative Assistant (SAF/AA) Concepts, Development, and Managemnet (SAF/CDM) Office explores new concepts, develops emerging opportunities, and manages high-priority projects and programs to provide innovative solutions to Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD) challenges. SAF/CDM's business operations directorate conducts planning and acquisition of cost-effective, long-term, critical capabilities in order to support the war-fighting mission of the combatant commanders.
The Enterprise Architect responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for defining/creating Enterprise Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/roadmap to the customer and stakeholders.
* Drive collaboration across teams to ensure activities align with Enterprise IT vision
* Collaborate with teams to conduct trade studies that support architecture concepts for software and hardware, including capacity planning and for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
* Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting edge solutions that are scalable.
* Develop and/or maintain guiding documents, such as mission service transition plans and CONOPs.
* Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems.
* Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations.
* Support all aspects of the current and planned future state of the Core user capabilities: analytics, collaboration, enabling services, and search and discovery
* Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives.
Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions. Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
* Bachelor's Degree in IT related subject and 8 years experience; a Masters with 6 years; or a Doctorate with 4 years is acceptable
* 8+ years of IT and networks experience, both in the field and in an Engineering and Design organization
* 4+ years' experience as a Enterprise Architect
* Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
* Proven ability in working with a multi-discipline team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines: Systems, Software, or Network Engineering
* Proven ability as a process advocate and SME, including excellent skills in Configuration Management
* Demonstrated ability to develop and convey recommended solutions to clients to resolve issues
* Experienced developing Architectural and design artifacts, especially architectural modeling
* Experience developing tier 1 and detailed requirements
* Proven expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex software development projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
* Proven success with hands on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluating of various technologies.
* Proficiency with Java/J2EE, Java Script, Angular 2+, JPA/ORM, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Oracle, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML, Junit, and Unix/Linux experience.
* Experience with Cloud adoption techniques and implementation
* Experience with Data Center Operations, including capacity planning and recapitalization efforts
* Extended experience with service oriented environment and best development practices.
* Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative developments and applications of agile concepts and principles, and certifications in SAFe and/or agile project managment
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Experience with industry standard and U.S. Gov. Specific enterprise architecture frameworks, roadmap visualization tools, modeling languages, and standards.
* Experience with DoDAF, FEAF, TOGAF, etc.
* Experience with ArchiMate, Sparx, etc
* Experience with ITIL, eTOM, ITSM, etc.
* Experience with Software Defined Networksand/or SD-WAN
* Experience with Clound-based Network Frameworks
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, hairstyles historically associated with race or other characteristics protected by law.