Enterprise Hardware Repair Field Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/10/2020
END DATE 1/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people's lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients' successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
What success looks like in this role:
* Respond to technical service hardware repair requests on enterprise-level servers, PC and laptop computers, storage sub-systems and drives and networking devices at client locations in the area.
* Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs/replaces hardware components on a variety of equipment which may include enterprise servers, mainframe, networking, storage-subsystems and drives, telecommunications equipment, high-end document processing equipment, peripherals and PCs.
* Provides deskside support including software, hardware and networking support for desktops, laptops and servers.
* Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and takes responsibility for additional follow-up, testing and troubleshooting services or problem escalation.
* Maintains professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
* High school diploma or GED required. Background investigation and drug screen required.
* Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
* 2+ years of experience in an enterprise field service support role providing break/fix hardware repair for a variety of vendor server, mass storage, desktop, core legacy and networking devices.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair enterprise-level software, hardware and operating system issues. Must be knowledgeable on various Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications.
* Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers. Excellent problem solving skills.
* A+ certification required. HPE, Cisco, Dell and EMC certifications are highly desired
* Must be available for after-hours on-call rotation. Must be available for varying shifts on a rotating basis.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://unisys.contacthr.com/73747381.jpg /