Entrepreneur In Residence 8/19/2020
University of California - Riverside
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ENTREPRENEUR IN RESIDENCE
202005274781 5% Part Time 8AM - 5PM Commensurate with Experience
In support of the Office of Technology Partnerships and the Small Business Development Center, the Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) will support the University's efforts to encourage technology commercialization and creation of startups. The incumbent will serve as a coach and mentor in key start up activities related to team formation, marketing strategies, business development and fundraising, and support the overall commercialization efforts of the University. The EIR will provide guidance on how to apply to related Technology Partnership programs; play a support role in vetting and evaluating companies seeking resources through Technology Partnership programs; advise the Office of Technology Commercialization and Associate Vice Chancellor, Technology Partnerships on approaches to structure and fund UCR startup companies in related areas; assist early stage companies and teams in developing commercialization strategies and provide expert advice on industry-university strategic partnerships; and serve as a coach and mentor in key start up activities related to team formation, marketing strategies, business development and fundraising in support of the overall commercialization efforts of the University. This recruitment is for multiple vacancies for 1 year part-time contract positions with renewal contingent upon continued funding. The percentage of time for each hire will vary based on a mutually agreed upon time commitment as negotiated between the candidate and the department.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Strong communication skills; includes active listening and critical thinking. Highly developed political acumen skills and social perceptiveness. Skilled business development tactics to persuade and influence.
Ability to work with a diverse group at all levels of the organization including faculty, staff, students and industry partners. Strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation.
Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in the Microsoft Suite. Effectively uses Industry Alliance's application programs.
Ability to break down complex concepts and communicate them in an understandable way.
Broad knowledge about University and industry research pertaining to specific industry alliance program.
Productive in work volume, speed, quality and consistency. Ability to see projects through to completion on deadline and satisfy industry partner and University goals.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position