Entry-Level Environmental Engineer or Geologist 1/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking an exceptional Entry-Level Environmental Engineer or Geologist to help grow our contaminated site assessment & remediation practices in the Columbia, Maryland office, where you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations, while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We expect that the selected candidate will work on a diverse array of complex contaminated site projects throughout the region and the U.S. Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
* Soil and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight;
* Remediation system design, installation oversight, and O&M;
* Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
* Groundwater and soil remedy evaluation, cost estimation, design calculations, and implementation;
* Aquifer testing and hydrogeologic data analyses;
* Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures; and
* Writing of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical entry-level remediation position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
* Fieldwork and Overnight Travel: Required and varies by project. Can be up to 90% fieldwork with up to 50% overnight travel
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* BS degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering or geology. (required)
* Advanced degree in environmental engineering or geology. (preferred)
* Prior research experience in contaminated media or remediation technology. (preferred)
* Prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
* Engineer in Training (EIT) certification. (preferred for engineering candidates)
* Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access, Modflow, and/or EVS. (preferred)
* Ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel. (required)
* Valid U.S. driver's license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record to drive to project sites. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. The position is ideally suited for a highly self-motivated, innovative individual with a passion of solving complex problems for our clients. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ENTRY02277
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).