Entry Level Equipment Operator 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Crown:
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries and over 240 locations, employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown s Food Division is the number one manufacturer of food cans in the world. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence in all of our products. Here is your chance to join the Crown Food Division.
The Palletizer, Bagger, Entry Level Equipment Operator roles serve a key function in the operation and on-going maintenance of the high-speed manufacturing equipment that produces both metal cans and ends at the Dubuque, Iowa manufacturing location.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to manufacturing floor supervision and management, the Palletizer, Bagger and Entry Level Equipment Operator responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Operate the automatic can palletizer including inserting separator sheets between layers of cans, and placing top frames on top of completed pallets
* Sorting and inspecting cans, printing pallet tickets, and performing quality checks
* Keeping the work area clean and organized, performing minor tasks as directed by the line maintainer here qualified
* Supporting the line maintainer in the operation of the production lines where qualified
* Assisting in the preparing, loading and feeding of metal coils when requested
* Removing jams as they occur in the production lines
* Visual inspection of finished cans and ends for obvious defects and recording this information
* Assisting in removing metal dies and assisting in lubrication when needed
* Replacing and re-aligning cans as necessary
* Operating automatic bulk packing machinery to load/unload various size can onto pallets
* Removing old ID tags from packing material and applying correct ID tags
* Maintaining numeric sequence of pallets of cans and ends
* Observe and practices company safety rules and SOP s at all times
* Maintain the flow of finished product as required
* Communicate all pertinent information between departments, peers and between shifts on changes to equipment, production schedules, production problems or any other related information.
* Works with employees on identifying, discussing solutions and implementing fixes on machinery and equipment problems
* Applies knowledge of various processes, production methods and processes to improve plant production
* Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent
* One to five year(s) experience in a manufacturing environment
* Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide additional support
* The employee must have the ability to possible travel early on for training at other manufacturing locations
* Vocation or technical certification would be a plus
* High-speed packaging industry experience
* Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
* Must be able to look at new solutions and think creatively and strategically to solve problems
* Excellent time management and project management skills as well as the ability to multi-task
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proven math and computer skills and working knowledge of various Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on occasion
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
* The employee must be able to work up to twelve (12) hours shifts, both day and evening
* The majority of work will be in a plant environment but maybe required to move around to different parts of the manufacturing floor
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic in the plant
* The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
* The noise level is frequently loud
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.