Environment Cleaning Observer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Infection Control
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 34365BR
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director, Infection Control/ Hospital Epidemiology, this position is responsible for collection of data on the efficacy of environmental cleaning by visual inspection of patient care areas. In addition, the employee will be asked to input data into databases for analysis and presentation. On occasion, the employee will assist with collection of environmental cleaning data through other methods, such as culturing of surfaces and application of fluorescent markers with subsequent reading under UV light.
* Collect data on environmental cleaning on inpatient units by visual inspection of 15-22 high touch surfaces in patient rooms.
* Compile and analyze data on visual inspection into Microsoft Access forms and Excel spreadsheets.
* Collaborate with Infection Control staff on monitoring of environmental cleaning data by alternate methods and analysis.
* Assist with preparation of reports on environmental cleaning data to Environmental Services and Environment of Care Committee.
* Assist Infection Control staff with other projects related to environmental cleaning and reduction of hospital-acquired infections, as appropriate.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access preferred.
* Overall, this position requires someone who is organized and highly motivated. He/she needs to be able to work independently and take over a task after being given some introduction. Effective communication skills are essential. Good computer and data management skills are useful.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.