Environmental Compliance Specialist 8/21/2020
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description :
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for an Environmental Compliance Specialist in either Grand Junction, CO; Westminster, CO; or Harrison, OH.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
In support of LM s obligation to protect human health and the environment and their post-closure obligation for long-term surveillance and maintenance, provide regulatory compliance knowledge in support of those efforts. This includes preparing site-specific environmental compliance procedures and plans, identifying and interpreting regulatory requirements, submitting regulatory compliance reports, reviewing and submitting responses to proposed regulatory changes, data calls, and directives in support of DOE LM, conducting compliance reviews and assessments, and integrating processes that ensure Environmental Management System (EMS) targets and goals are recognized and achieved.
* Bachelor degree in related field
* 10 years experience in Environmental Compliance.
* Broad understanding of principles, concepts, and techniques in environmental science and regulatory compliance related to UMTRCA, NEPA, RCRA, CERCLA, CWA, CAA, and natural resources laws and regulations.
* Experience gathering data necessary to complete compliance reports, plans, and environmental permits.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks independently with little instruction.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)