Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/23/2020
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAgilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Primary Responsibilities for Environmental Health and Safety Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
* Solves complex, high impact EHS program/ process design, implementation problems; Coach and guide integration efforts into the different Environmental, Health, Safety systems / programs to ensure understanding, efficiency and collaboration between all disciplines. Provides technical support to Agilent manufacturing facility and divisions for comprehensive risk assessments, exposure assessment, process hazard assessments, ergonomic assessments and EHS management program understanding and implementation; Work closely with Regional/Global EHS staffs to promptly address Agilent Global EHS regulatory and local specific EHS requirements and related issues.
* Ensure compliance with Agilent Environmental, Health Safety Regulations and Procedures for the site and recommend to the company the training required for compliance. He/she is also required to conduct safety training for employees; To facilitate in the risk assessment activities to ensure that it complies with the Global EHS requirement/regulation and also comply with local legal requirement and regulations; Apply scientific and engineering principles to drive EHS risk reduction efforts and compliance activities; Coach and mentor Agilent EHS contacts/steering committee and engineers involved in EHS improvement activities; Provide technical support and training of advanced EHS assessments, evaluations and control technologies for Agilent EHS contacts.
* Support incident investigation efforts for assigned divisions and EHS specific elements; Participate on EHS audits and / or self- assessments; maintain an EHS Management system that conforms to ISO 14001 and Agilent's Corporate EHSMS, FDA and ISO 13485.
* Influence Agilent and facility processes to address EHS understanding and lead projects to reduce EHS risk and hazard business impact; Represent Agilent in outside organizations to ensure focus on the latest technology, information, equipment, programs and initiatives.
* Perform and guide technical EHS activities resulting from approved self-initiated or assigned projects and programs leading to innovative applications and extensions of existing or new programs/systems having major importance to the business within the assigned area of responsibility. Define EHS project timelines and outcomes.
* Establish and cultivate an extensive network of intra-divisional support (facility, lab, manufacturing, and engineering) to facilitate completion of assignments. Communicate project or program status and results to EHS and local operational management. Provide EHS knowledge and services on existing and new programs for assigned location; Analyze EHS data and reports trends and results to WPS management. Recommend plans for correction of gaps, and provides EHS input to address change (e.g. in plant Management of Change processes, or new Business/Country/Corporate programs).
* Communicate effectively in written and oral formats with peers and others at varying levels within the organization. Present ideas well one-on-one, in small groups, and to larger audiences. Have the ability to convey meaning and importance of EHS topics to non-EHS personnel, and to influence others to take appropriate action based on such information. Actively seek to continually improve communication and presentation skills; Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure preparedness in any emergency. Assist in developing and implementing emergency response procedures and evaluation plans.
* Master or Bachelor's Degree or a Degree in the EHS field
* Minimum 8+ years' relevant experience in EHS, Regulatory/Compliance, manufacturing and laboratory in a Life Science, Pharmaceutical or Chemical analysis company.
* Certified Industrial Hygienist and Radiation Safety Officer.
* Experience with OSHA, DOSH & DOE
* Experience in EHS management systems (implementation experience highly desired)
* Experience with hazard and risk assessments and experience in the manufacturing environment
* Experience in Ergonomics, Machine Guarding, Industrial Hygiene, Process Hazard Management, Chemical/gas safety management and Environmental affairs.
* Engineering control concepts and design with practical implementation experience
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled