Environmental Services/Housekeeping - Biddeford Campus 5/2/2020
Southern Maine Health Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* Position Summary
* The environmental service technician (\\"housekeeper\\") performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas. He or she will work closely with departmental leaders and teammates to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area. The environmental service technician (\\"housekeeper\\") will demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and all interactions with staff, patients or residents and visitors will be carried out with due regard for respect and confidentiality. Work for this role can take place in a variety of difficult and demanding settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* License/Certifications: N/A
* Experience: N/A
* The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
* Ability to learn and perform the skills required in an occupied healthcare environment.
* Ability to learn and perform cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
* Required to wear uniform and/or protective equipment and to work with cleaning chemicals including disinfectants and bleach.
* Ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
* The ability to read, communicate in English, and basic use of a computer are required.
* Flexibility in work assignments and requirement to work on weekends and holidays.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.