Environmental Technician II, El Paso, TX, US ID#16498
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/10/2019
END DATE 12/19/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnvironmental Technician II, El Paso, TX, US ID#16440
***Public Trust Clearance required (or ability to obtain)***
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division's portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
Fort Bliss Army Installation is an active training facility located in the extreme western part of the State of Texas at El Paso and the south-central area of the State of New Mexico. The Installation occupies approximately 1.2 million acres covering two states and three counties.
Our client, the Environmental Division of its Directorate of Public Works is responsible for the oversight of the installation's natural and cultural resources ensuring compliance with environmental policy, programs and legislation, managing the Region Environmental Program in support of the Army's environmental strategy for pollution prevention, compliance, restoration and conservation.
We are seeking a qualified individual to work closely with the Environmental Division of the Directorate of Public Works at the Fort Bliss Army Installation in El Paso, TX to provide Drinking and wastewater compliance support as outlined below.
The drinking (or potable) and wastewater programs require support with the Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), and El Paso Water Utilities (EPWU) local governing regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conduct inspections of wastewater system and equipment which include oil/water separators, oxidation ponds, septic/holding tanks annually, wash racks, and grease interceptors and grease traps (GI/GT)
* Update and maintain the wastewater system inventories to reflect the results of inspections and changes/addition of new systems. This includes providing global positioning system (GPS) coordinates and/or other data to ARC GIS POC for system layers updates. Water systems include: fats, oils and grease (FOG) systems; OWS; wash racks; and septic/holding tanks.
* Inspect Food Sanitation Centers and Containerized Kitchens of units conducting field exercises to ensure that wastewater is being collected and appropriately disposed.
* Provide On-site Personnel (Military, Civilian and Contractor) training.
* Provide program support with the investigation, research, and documentation of drinking water issues at the installation's facilities.
* Water sampling, shipping and handling of water samples of the installation's facilities.
* Support the compilation, filing and storage of the installation's water documentation (electronic/hardcopies) including but not limited to water rights, water wells, and sampling wells.
KNOWELDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Be proficient in the use of Microsoft(R) Office suite of software in particular MS Word(R), MS Excel(R), and MS Access(R).
* Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly in English, and able to read and write effectively in English. Spanish a plus.
* Must be capable of working independently or as a team as circumstances dictate.
* Must possess and maintain a driver's license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Must be sufficiently trained and knowledgeable to execute and implement the program requirements
* Associate Degree from an accredited university, college or institution in the physical or biological sciences, engineering, mathematics, environmental health, or environmental policy
* Public Trust Clearance required (or ability to obtain).
The duties of this position are performed 50% in a climate-controlled office environment and 50% in the field. No travel is anticipated.
ABOUT CHEROKEE NATION: Building, Solving, Serving
Cherokee Nation is the largest federally recognized tribe in the United States. The tribal government works to build an economic footprint that makes local and regional economies flourish. One of the drivers of Cherokee Nation's prosperity and stability is Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB), the independent holding company that builds the tribe's diverse economic portfolio.
For the past 50 years, CNB has operated companies serving a wide variety of industries. Whether it's hospitality and gaming or providing strategic services to the federal government, CNB blends its heritage of ingenuity with modern business experience to build strategic business solutions, solve complex challenges and serve clients around the world.
In 2017, CNB generated more than $1 billion in revenue and has more 6,500 employees across the globe. Each year, 100 percent of its profits are reinvested in strengthening local communities and growing the economy through commerce and job creation.
CNB is headquartered in Tulsa, Okla. and has regional offices in the following locations;
* Columbia, Maryland
* Crystal City, Virginia
* Denver, Colorado
* Dover, Delaware
* Ft. Collins, Colorado
* Huntsville, Alabama
* San Antonio, Texas
* Shirley, Massachusetts
* Tampa, Florida
Federal contracting has become a core competency of CNB over the past six years. CNB has 30 active companies who market to the federal government focusing on six service lines; technology, health sciences, consulting, environmental and construction, engineering and manufacturing and distribution and logistics.
Since 2012, these companies have won more than $3.15 billion in federal contracting dollars and have served more than 60 federal agencies.
APPLY ONLINE at www.cherokee-cna.com
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com. This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.