This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/5/2019
END DATE 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONRTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments, foundations, and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division of RTI International seeks an early to mid-career epidemiologist to support and lead epidemiological research studies or related programmatic activities. The successful candidate will provide support, management, and coordination for epidemiologic studies. The candidate will serve as technical task leader, project director, and/or principal investigator of small to medium contracts or grants funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and/or Department of Defense (DOD) that may involve topical areas such as infectious diseases, environmental health, and chronic diseases. The successful candidate is expected to lead multidisciplinary teams, develop collaborative relationships across RTI, and interact with internal and external clients, stakeholders and partners.
This position can be based at the RTI headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC or at one of the regional offices located in Rockville, MD, Washington, DC, or Atlanta, GA.
* Lead and support epidemiological research studies or related programmatic activities
* Collaborate under the direction of a principal investigator and/or project director, conducting epidemiologic tasks in the areas of surveillance system evaluations, study protocol development and monitoring, primary data collection, and data analysis using epidemiologic methods
* Lead and contribute to writing scientific manuscripts and technical reports, present at scientific conferences and meetings
* Develop and provide scientific advice and technical assistance to various public, private, and nonprofit health and health-related organizations
* Contribute to RTI reputational stature by presenting to or consulting with government, foundations, steering committee, advisory panels, others
* Lead and contribute to preparation of proposals for government, foundation, and other partners and clients.
* Provide mentorship of junior staff to advance their scientific stature and professional development.
* Conduct domestic and international project related travel
* Performs other duties as required
* Doctorate in epidemiology or related field and 2-5 years of related experience with research related to CDC, NIH, and/or DOD
* Experience with epidemiology research design and study implementation
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Track record of publishing peer-reviewed articles
* Strong quantitative skills, well grounded in statistical methods and approaches to data analysis. Experience with statistical programming
* Ability to travel for up to 2-weeks at a time multiple times per year (including internationally)
* Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL QUALIFICATIONS
* CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service training or similar
* Experience with government contracting
* Informatics, epidemiologic modeling, data visualization
* Experience with surveillance research design, including innovative ideas, methodologies and approaches to problems associated with disease surveillance.
* Fluency in languages other than English such as French or Spanish
* International work experience
* Experience with outbreak investigation and response at the local-, state-, national-, or international-level
* Strong motivation to advance career in epidemiology
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available-