Harlan Electric Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Harlan Electric Company, a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country, has an immediate opportunity for an Estimator at its Harrisburg, PA district office.
The Estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability, and growth. The Estimator is responsible for cost estimates for various electrical construction projects.
* Prepare labor complete labor and material cost estimates
* Coordinate with project management and the field
* Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Determine constructability requirements via field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
* Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
* Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders
* Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding of cost estimates
* Preparation of subcontractor agreements and follow through.
* Regular and predictable attendance
* Other duties as assigned
* 2+ Years of Estimating experience on Transmission and Distribution projects.
* 5+ Years in the Outside Electrical Contracting industry.
* Familiar with T&D work methods and construction sequence.
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blueprints, proposals and other relevant documents
* Knowledgeable of electrical materials and methods of installation
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and estimating software
* Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Team player mentality
* Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time while working independently
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.