Executive Desktop Support Technician 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
Tesla is currently seeking an Executive Desktop Support Technician to join our team in Fremont, CA. The IT Services position within the IT Operations team will be on the front lines of Tesla s IT systems support. IT Desktop Technicians will be the face of IT for internal customers. The primary task of this position will be to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support the systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for Tesla s global IT infrastructure to provide for the growth of Tesla s initiatives.
* Providing onsite and remote support for Tesla organization and senior level executives on a daily basis
* Serve as the primary point of contact for the Leadership team and the Executive Assistants who support them 24x7
* Travel to provide support to the Leadership team and their Executive Assistants, on occasion.
* Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems
* Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues following any issue until its resolution
* Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to desktop computers and all peripheral devices
* Strong task management skills: ability to prioritize, triage, resolve and escalate in an efficient and effective manner.
* Interact with IT functional groups and establish relationships cross-functionally to drive escalations to closure
* Ability to explain technology concepts/procedures/policies in a non-technical way; collaborating and coordinating with members of other teams to track, isolate and resolve technical issues.
* Establish trust with the Leadership team by performing expert technical support while maintaining confidentiality and showing discretion
* Maintain confidentiality and privacy
* Setup and monitor high-priority meetings utilizing collaboration and AV services
* Strong understanding of security best practices, worst practices, concepts and real-world application.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust communications based on the audience
* At least 5 years installing and configuring computer peripherals such as external monitors, cameras, printers, scanner, etc.
* At least 5 years installing and configuring end-user applications and ensuring they are patched and running optimally for the user.
* At least 5 years troubleshooting and configuring MacOS and iOS (iPads, Macs, iPhones, etc.) along with Android devices.
* Experience with remote imaging/management tools, SCCM and Jamf
* Experience working with Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems, Apple OS based systems, and the Microsoft Office O365 Suite of applications.
* Experience working with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Microsoft Active Directory Security Groups, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory Group Policies.
* Experience with Mobile Device Management technologies.
* ITIL V3 Foundation certification or equivalent experience
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.