Executive Director, Field Medical (Oncology) 12/10/2019
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Executive Director, Field Medical is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the Field Medical Affairs function, including direct management of the Directors of MSLs and Field Medical Directors. The Director oversees strategic and tactical planning working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs. The Director works regularly with key customers to expand professional relationships and represents Eisai at the highest level with key customer interfaces.
1. Provide leadership for the Field Medical Affairs function, as well as for Medical Affairs broadly by participating on cross-functional teams leading to strategic planning and working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, including Sales, Marketing and Medical Affairs.
2. Ensure operational excellence of the MSL function, including corporate aligned objectives/tactics, cross-functional medical support, advocacy development of opinion leaders and facilitating clinical research to meet strategic development needs.
3. Development and general oversight management of the Annual Operating Plan for the Medical Science Liaison function.
4. Responsible for all aspects of developing individuals which includes training, career evaluation, coaching, mentoring, performance management. Participates in the talent review process.
5. Ensure compliance with regulatory and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and ensure compliance with Eisai policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
6. Present critical medical and scientific information and to positively influence external customers, including but not limited to medical thought leaders, academic institutions and key medical payer customers.
7. Oversight of efforts for recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding new associates.
8. Extensive travel (approx.. 60%), locally across the U.S. May include some international travel.
9. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
Advanced scientific terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
Minimum of 15 years industry experience with minimum of 8 years in an Oncology related therapeutic area in the pharmaceutical industry overseeing a medical liaison team.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
Strong personal integrity and customer focus are necessary
Ability to maintain morale of field based personnel, at a distance, as well as good interaction with office based medical affairs and PCU scientific staff.
Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA and other international regulatory/ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and to ensure compliance with these external as well as internal Eisai guidelines and standard operating procedures.
Must be able to organize, prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
Ability to interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms for the collection, review and dissemination of medical information.
Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet