Executive Vice President
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/22/2020
END DATE 6/5/2020
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry Engineers Mid-Atlantic Executive Vice President
The Mid-Atlantic Executive Vice President will be primarily responsible for the strategic development and growth and overall operational performance of Dewberry's operations in the Mid-Atlantic Region, including Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia. Today Dewberry has 7 offices in this region: Baltimore, Frederick, Lanham, and Rockville, MD; Gainesville, Leesburg, and Fairfax, VA (headquarters); annual revenues of $80 million, and a staff of 360. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking, innovative, and strategically oriented and have an ability to identify trends affecting the AEC business climate. Priority will be on building capacity and talent and growing the client base in growth market segments and service lines: Transportation, Construction Management/Inspection, Water/Wastewater, Water Resources, Site-Civil/Land Development, and MEP.
The successful candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a diverse engineering background and evidence of strong advancement in management responsibilities. The candidate will have clearly demonstrated expertise and success in making key and strategic leadership and management hires, managing and motivating operational leadership to function across geographic locations and different business units, and developing and executing client and business development strategies that drive revenue and profit margin growth, and partnering with internal and external partners. The selected candidate must understand and have in-depth public sector market knowledge and experience, client and teaming relationships in the Mid-Atlantic markets, and proven success in growing an engineering and consulting practice. Additionally, the candidate will have a general knowledge of the Federal and Commercial markets. The position will report to the President of Dewberry Engineers Inc., an operating company of the Dewberry Companies. This position is located in our Corporate Headquarters. Dewberry s foundation lies within a legacy of deep-rooted cultural values, like contribution and perseverance, that have given our employees a sense of community for more than sixty years. This position has the responsibility for building a future legacy, an opportunity to help lead Dewberry into its next iteration as a consulting engineering firm.
* Strong leadership skills, goal-driven, evidence of attracting and developing talent
* Comfortable and successful in client and business development
* Ability to mobilize, energize, and organize cross-functional teams for success in winning and delivering complex projects
* Demonstrated experience in utilizing business intelligence to create strategic growth plans for the Northern VA/Maryland public and private sector markets.
* Ability to develop innovative solutions applying new and emerging technology to streamline business processes and identify new solutions for our clients.
* Strategic thinker, bringing market-facing ideas and strategies, new service delivery methodologies, and expertise to decision-making and strategic planning.
* Highly motivated to achieve business goals while at the same time investing and building for longer-term growth and stability.
* Powerful implementation and execution skills.
Thorough understanding of the regional market with a specific focus, to include:
* In-depth knowledge of and strong relationships with critical Mid-Atlantic public agencies and private institutions (higher education, healthcare), primarily in the Water/Wastewater and Water Resources, Civil/Site/Utilities Infrastructure and Transportation sectors. Additionally, strong market knowledge of the Commercial development market, with an emphasis in the urban centers of Baltimore, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. Experience leading and delivering engineering services to federal sector clients would be considered a plus.
* Strong network to access: key decision-makers, external regional leadership and prospective colleagues and teaming partners, and construction industry leaders throughout the region.
* Demonstrated success in utilizing business intelligence to assess client's needs to better position the company to win major projects and to increase NOVA's market share.
* A plus would be experience leading and managing the delivery of program and construction management services; and alternative project delivery methods.
Must possess and exhibit strong leadership skills, including:
* Strong communicator, motivator and influencer for managing an entrepreneurial initiative that will bridge current capabilities with a forward-looking vision of Dewberry's future in the mid-Atlantic regions.
* Able to co-create and share a common vision and strategies with Dewberry corporate and operational leadership.
* Able to build and invigorate client relationships and partnerships and motivate internal staff to identify new opportunities and market potential.
* Politically astute and able to understand the business development and operational requirements in client relationships.
* A strategic thinker, able to anticipate and capitalize on emerging markets and new opportunities.
* Able to understand and leverage Dewberry strengths for cross-selling across service lines.
* Able to work closely with a team of national peers and offer a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
* Able to understand and articulate client needs and build trusted relationships.
* Able to effectively communicate and engage at C-suite level and Owner/Board of Director level.
* Active in leadership roles with the AEC industry organizations and civic/community organizations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Required Minimum Qualifications:
* Minimum 20 years of experience as a consulting engineer in the Mid-Atlantic regions working with public sector clients and projects.
* Minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience in managing a diverse engineering practice in multiple offices (100 staff) and a lead operational role with P&L responsibilities.
* A leader in the engineering consulting industry for heavy infrastructure planning, design or construction.
* Deep understanding of the Mid-Atlantic regional markets and clients with a specific focus on the major metropolitan markets of Baltimore and Washington DC; strong relationships with client decision-makers in the public water/wastewater, civil infrastructure and transportation agencies.
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree; advanced engineering degrees or an MBA a plus.
* Professional Engineering License.
* A recognized leader in business development and client relationship development.
Dewberry is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. EEO is the law.