Expert Associate Director (BCG TURN) 9/2/2020
Boston Consulting Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C.
Geography: North America
Industries: Technology industries
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
PRACTICE AREA PROFILE
BCG TURN is a special transformation, turnaround and restructuring unit of BCG that works with business leaders to deliver rapid, sustainable and visible performance improvements, while strengthening their organizations and positioning them to win in the years ahead. By collaborating shoulder to shoulder with the client and being a true performance partner, BCG TURN achieves change that lasts. Team members include BCG TURN experts such as former CEOs, C-suite leaders, and other highly experienced professionals. BCG TURN is fully integrated into BCG and fully leverages the breadth of BCG expertise, network, data and tools. For more information about BCG TURN and the BCG TURN approach, please visit  bcgturn.bcg.com References Visible links 1. http://bcgturn.bcg.com/
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
Advises / supports the execution of TURN cases:
* Works jointly with BCG and client project leaders, brings deep expertise to the team, both on issues specific to transformations and on questions asked by the client
* Supports multiple case teams, especially those with need for deep and hands-on approach, either as an individual contributor or owner on a TURN topic, or as an advisor to the overall project
* Capable of acting as project oversight for an entire case or at a module level on select topic. Owns project process, content and day to day client interactions
* Ensures the quality of the work, and the relevance of any synthesis and recommendations. Challenges work in progress, results and reorient any analyses if needed.
Drives the Business Development of TURN
* Proactively identifies and cultivates a network of potential clients, and strategies to win new business
* Creates awareness of BCG expertise and capabilities to the external community; participates in key industry forums, including presenting on topics relevant to senior management
* Generates business development leads to grow the pipeline
* Key support for proposal creation and presentation: provides content expertise around specific topics and acts as key topic content lead for proposals or other business development work
* Participates in client proposal presentations and related discussions
Builds BCG TURN expertise within BCG and increases BCG s profile externally
* Drives the development and improvement of TURN methodology and tools
* Develops and contributes to BCG s intellectual capital works on BCG knowledge content
* Prepares and presents BCG TURN experience and capabilities at internal conferences
* Contributes to BCG perspectives which are shared with alumni and clients
OUR EXPERT CONSULTING TRACK (ECT)
The Expert Consulting Track (ECT) is vital to BCG s ability to successfully meet our clients demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Experts deliver next-level impact for BCG's most complex and cutting-edge client challenges. Experts focus on developing BCG's thought leadership, commercial capabilities, and intellectual property assets; and their work is essential to our delivery model. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to bring the best of BCG to our clients, Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise often gained outside of BCG in industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* A minimum of 7 to 9 years of experience running large and complex transformations in industry or a combination of industry and consulting experience
* Strong project management background with demonstrated experience in Transformation office / PMO roles or in a relevant position (Chief Transformation Officer or Restructuring Officer ideal)
* Proficiency with P&L and Balance sheet topics, especially working capital / liquidity management
* Excellent communication skills, ability to develop high level of credibility with senior clients and comfort speaking and presenting to an executive audience
* Ability to confidently discuss and manage multiple subject matters across industries (eg, industry agnostic experience with revenue, ops, cogs, supply chain, procurement)
* Experience in engaging and activating employees / driving change management efforts
* Advanced business degree from a top-tier institution preferred
Northeast and West Coast preferred, but we will consider candidates for any of our North American offices
Date Posted: 03-Jan-2020
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify..