Expert Associate Director/Expert Partner & Associate Director (Data & Digital Platforms)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/18/2020
END DATE 2/2/2020
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
BCG is looking for a Data and Digital Platform Expert to design, build, and operate world-class technology platforms that help companies harness the power of digital solutions and transform their business. The ideal candidate will possess high-quality hard and soft skills with extensive knowledge of data & technology architecture, and the management experience necessary to lead a successful transformation effort.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
Data and Digital Platform Experts are key members of our Technology Advantage practice, helping clients improve performance through the use of data and technology. The extent to which a company has made the transition to a digital organization determines its ability to effectively field data, extrapolate useful information, and act on it in real-time. By combining digital and data analytics expertise with battle-tested transformation experience, you will empower companies to make that leap.
In this role, you will drive the vision for target technology platforms that deliver on client business objectives, and outline an achievable roadmap to implementation. You will set the high-level structure for the transformation effort, manage to tight timelines and client deliverables, provide hands-on training, and deliver the key enablers required to complete the project. Your team will include senior BCG leadership, teams of BCG Consultants, and both junior and senior client leaders working collaboratively to facilitate the transformation.
Expert consultants are vital to BCG s ability to successfully meet our clients demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Our experts are driven by a passion to explore and innovate in their field. As part of our consulting cohort, they work alongside our generalist and specialty consultants to form one BCG team, capable of delivering deep strategy and technical expertise. Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise usually gained outside of BCG in either industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
OUR EXPERT CONSULTING TRACK (ECT)
The Expert Consulting Track (ECT) is vital to BCG s ability to successfully meet our clients demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Experts deliver next-level impact for BCG's most complex and cutting-edge client challenges. Experts focus on developing BCG's thought leadership, commercial capabilities, and intellectual property assets; and their work is essential to our delivery model. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to bring the best of BCG to our clients, Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise often gained outside of BCG in industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
* A minimum of 6 years industry experience, or 5 years of a combination of industry and consulting experience:
* Industry experience may include architecture and infrastructure experience at technology start-up, software vendor, professional services organization, or IT system integrator among others.
* Experience in retail, restaurants, or healthcare (strongly preferred).
* Experience leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level technology transformations, with expertise around specific issues that arise with modernizing technology and data architectures:
* Working knowledge of modern technologies such as data lakes, in-memory databases, containers, microservices, and how these relate to legacy architectures.
* Working knowledge of common technology systems within the Retail, Restaurant, or Health Care industries and associated common data domains and architecture.
* Demonstrated ability to translate analytics and digital strategy into data, technology, and operating model implications.
* Experience delivering large-scale transformation projects and successful implementation including staffing and leadership development while taking a hands-on approach with clients:
* Experience in managing workshop/discussions with senior client.
* Passion for working with leaders and helping them develop new skills.
* Strong technical and non-technical influencing abilities.
* Outstanding academic track record from a leading MBA or engineering school a plus.
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2020
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify..