Explosives Safety Specialist - Top Secret Clearance 8/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: An experienced Explosives Safety Specialist with
As an Explosives Safety Specialist supporting our
customer in Huntsville, Alabama, you will:
* We need you r expertise to perform and document
safety-check practices on all evidence submitted for
explosives testing utilizing tools such as x-ray
equipment to produce clear x-rays that are
sufficient for accurate interpretation of
potentially hazardous devices submitted. Once
complete, you will perform x-ray interpretation, in
collaboration with other qualified individuals, to
determine if a device is safe, or needs to be
rendered safe, by qualified examiners.
* Prepare detailed documentation and reports
associated with explosives storage, explosives
inventory, explosives safety, explosive management
program, and range activities.
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and
personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of an Explosives Safety Specialist:
* You are part of a team that will be performing a
wide range of process in the area of IED and
explosives ordinance defeat.
* As such, you will receive, open, and inventory
evidence. Initiate and maintain proper evidence
administrative documentation, including
chain-of-custody of all forensic evidence under
examination and be able to perform the duties
associated with evidence management and data entry
into various databases for evidence processing.
* Your team focus will assist customers in the
disposal of, and / or render safe, live explosive
devices IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations,
methods, and procedures.
* When required, you will assist in the proper
transport and storage of explosive devices and
materials IAW all applicable laws, rules,
regulations, methods, and procedures.
* You can expect to be involved in the conducting
comprehensive assessments if requested.
* Your expertise will be engaged in the research,
development, and authoring of whitepapers and
information papers, as required.
.Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs, and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and
TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* B.S. degree.
* At least five (5) years handling explosives.
* Explosives Ordinance Disposal (EOD), performing and
interpreting x-ray capture / images, explosives
demolitions, explosives safety management, and
explosives range safety.
* Certifications: DOD or FBI certification to perform
* Equipment: Steel Toe Boots required for range work
or work with power equipment.