Fab Operator - 1st Shift - AP Shelby 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Jul 12, 2020
Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers* The Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. The Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi- branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you Build Your Future, through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
The Fabrication Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of punching or fabrication equipment to produce component parts in accordance with part drawings and within predefined tolerances.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Confirm to all safety guidelines while performing duties and operating equipment
* Identify work to be performed via SAP or MII work center priority
* Set-up machine and perform tool changes, as necessary
* Load standard programs into machine control from program directory
* Create non-standard part programs in machine control, as needed
* Bend both standard and non-standard component parts in accordance with drawings and specifications
* Conduct quality specification check using calipers, squares, and protractors
* Stage formed parts on material handling equipment in preparation for downstream operations
* Perform daily operator preventative maintenance tasks
* Maintain daily housekeeping
* Other duties, as assigned
* HS Diploma or GED, required
* Between 3-6 months prior manufacturing experience (Sheet metal manufacturing experience, preferred)
* Basic math and computer skills
* Ability to read measuring devices; use caliper and thickness gauges, and distinguish between various thickness and type of material
* Ability to recognize the correct tooling for the machine to perform the correct job
* Strong attention to detail and high level of concentration to ensure quality work
* Must lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis
* Standing for a minimum of 8 hours per day
* Continuous lifting, kneeling, pulling, bending, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer