Fabrication Team Lead 5/7/2020
A. O. smith
Ashland City, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company / Location Information
Why A. O. Smith*
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with 144-year history and employ more than 16,000 men and women. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
What is great about this opportunity*
* You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
* You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
* You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
The Production Team Lead coordinates activities in their assigned area by providing direction to staff to ensure compliance with production goals, quality, and safety processes. Manages workflow to ensure high performance standards are met. Responsibilities
* Must have the vision to follow the production process and break bottlenecks that may prohibit the line from running as efficient as possible.
* Ensure team members are following standardized work instructions with an eye for understanding the quality expectations.
* Contribute towards continuous improvement of the production line by working with the Industrial Engineers and Supervisors.
* Able to work varied hours including coming in early and staying late based on production needs, meetings, and training classes.
* Ability to learn the contents of the workstations and needs of its team members.
* Perform daily, weekly, monthly audits and reporting discrepancies to supervisors.
* Understand and complete daily documents.
* Make assessments of the sequencing of components through the verification process.
* Ability to determine the work that needs to be done in the cell and delegate accordingly.
* Capable of training others.
* Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Minimum one year of leading a team in a manufacturing environment.
* Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, and build relationships at all levels.
* Ability to use schedules, dashboards, and truck lists to make sound decisions.
* Ability to understand and enforce all of the plant safety policies.
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have the ability to use support systems such as SAP.
* Must be able to make quick, educated decisions while working under pressure.
* Must be able to follow a flexible work schedule.
* Prior experience operating a forklift is desirable.
* Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as steel-toe shoes/boots, ear and eye protection.
* Loud noises and limited exposure to dust and fumes.
* Must be able to push/pull up to 75 lbs.
* The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds overhead and maneuver various parts weighting up to 50 lbs.
* Use of wrenching, impacting, and/or vibrating tools (manual and automatic) is required occasionally for extended periods of time.
* Variable hot and cold working environment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* Prolonged periods of sitting/standing and frequent bending and reaching.
Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401K, and tuition assistance..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.