Facilities and Event Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/20/2019
END DATE 1/31/2020
Loyola University Of Chicago
Rogers Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Details
Facilities and Event Manager - Student Complexes
Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
STUDENT COMPLEXES (03904A)
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* This position serves as facilities operations representative for pre/during/and post games, practices and events/programs.
* This position will coordinate and manage the setup/teardown sets for events/programs, games/practices within the Complex (Gentile, DSC, Hoyne, Sean Earl, West Quad, East Quad) for Athletics, IM s, Club Sports and University Departments.
* This position will move, pickup deliver, and/or install equipment, staging/riser platforms, furniture and other materials as assigned and/or dictated by the event/programs, games, practices.
* This position is responsible for all setups teardown of baskets, tables, chairs, staging, bleacher seating for all games, practices, events/programs.
* This position is also responsible for hanging banners, signage and drapery as needed, monitor and deliver on-demand day of operational changes and ensure facilities are properly set for events/programs, games and practices.
* This position will perform routine repairs and maintenance of equipment as needed (when possible), Work with Facilities and/or equipment manufacturers for repairs when the repairs are beyond internal capabilities.
* This position will be responsible for troubleshooting computer, IP and ISDN line setup and coordinate connection assignments
* The Facilities and Event Manager will serve as the facility representative during events and games, preform pre and post walk through to assess facility conditions, coordinate with University partners (Athletics, Facilities, Housekeeping and Student Staff) to insure that facility operational details of games and events are being shared.
* This position must have comprehensive knowledge of facility operations, cleaning and building upkeep so facilities are always ready, and clean for events, games, practices for all users.
* This position is responsible for ordering equipment and supplies, establishing systems for regularly scheduled equipment inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times, and will coordinate/schedule equipment maintenance and repairs.
* The Facilities and Event Manager must have extensive knowledge of crowd management, emergency preparedness practices ensures public safety during games and events
* This position is responsible for student training (equipment, customer service, emergency response training, etc.) and will provide excellent customer service to all users and guests.
* This position will be responsible for crowd control, ushering/ticket taking, during games and events.
* This position will also interview/hire/train and manage the work schedule for student staff.
* This position will prepare event floor plans (when needed), ensure compliance with applicable fire, building and safety codes.
* Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree, supplemented with 4 or more years of experience working in facilities, project management or related field.
* Experience in facility maintenance.
* Experience supervising, hiring and training staff.
* Strong time management and prioritization skills.
* Good decision-making in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient computer skills, ability to use MS Office suite.
REQUIRED OPERATION OF UNIVERSITY OWNED VEHICLES
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE DIRECT ANIMAL OR PATIENT CONTACT*
Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Climbing
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.