Facilities Construction Project Manager 10/12/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
The Facilities Team at Gigafactory 1 is looking for a Facilities Construction Project Manager to join the team. This role will provide a comprehensive construction project management function, including supporting the development of cost estimating, project planning, progress measurement and reporting. Supporting functions include budgeting and cost control, resource planning, document control and administration.
* Coordinate with other Tesla teams to ensure the timely build-out and implementation of Facilities improvement projects at Gigafactory 1.
* Work with tenants, contractors, suppliers, landlords and government agencies as required to support the facility in a sustaining role.
* Work on a variety of projects associated with the development of new processes and process improvements across the site.
* Develop cost estimates, resource and planning schedules, and obtain approval.
* Prepare project timing plans based on the required implementation schedule of new processes and operations.
* Prepare project bid specifications for contractor/equipment requirements. Initiate purchase orders.
* Work within the project teams, ensuring the timely review of project execution plans and schedules to achieve project milestones.
* Maintain timely awareness of project cost and planning performance against budget and schedule; analyze potential changes; recommend corrective actions.
* Review contractors' schedule reports and recommend corrective action where necessary.
* Prepare regular and timely progress reports, detailing progress against plans and budgets for circulation to management.
* 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing environment, in either a Production, Engineering, or Facilities capacity.
* Prior people/team management experience.
* Engineering degree is a plus but not required.
* Strong relationship management and communication skills.
* Strong ability to work in a structured and detailed way, ensuring timescales, budgets and detailed requirements are monitored and achieved.
* Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, understand quotations and timescales associated with project development.
* Experience with Project Management within a fast paced work environment is an advantage.
* Experienced with Microsoft packages (e.g., Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Project).
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.