Facilities Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/4/2020
END DATE 4/4/2020
EMCOR Facilities Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician Job Summary: Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs commercial property by self- performing or coordinating subcontracting of the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs preventive maintenance work orders according to schedule.
* Executes all work in safe and professional manner by completing all work accurately and on time.
* Light electrical skills. Emergency lights, exit signs, lamp sweeps.
* Maintains and repairs plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
* Maintains and repairs interior and exterior finishes of buildings.
* Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, generally touch ups and repairs
* Operate scissor or boom lifts, and work from ladders to replace light bulbs and to hang banners.
* Completes and submits paperwork accurately and on time.
* Keeps facilities clean in appearance, removing trash as required.
* May perform landscape maintenance and other duties as needed.
* HS Diploma; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
* One to 2 years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, required.
* Valid driver's license
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Strong Problem Solving and Logic Required
* Must be able to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures, Local Operating Procedures, and retain and use information in execution of daily job duties
* Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing situations
* Possess the ability to work overtime on short notice
* Must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle multiple jobs with minimal supervision
* Scissor or Boom lift experience and certification preferred.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Manages time wisely, remains productive while working independently.
* Works required hours. Is available during non-work hours as needed and responds to emergency calls in a timely manner.
* Communicates effectively with client to determine and service needs.
* Work Tuesday - Thursday 8AM - 430PM, Friday 1PM - 930PM, Saturday 10AM - 630PM
The work site for this position is:
Los Cerritos Mall
239 Los Cerritos Center
Cerritos, CA. 90703
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans