Facilities Maintenance Technician 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Category (For Job Seekers)
13571 - EMS Newark CA USA - Newark, CA 94560 US (Primary)
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Specializing in precision machining and metal fabrication, our Sanmina Newark, California facility has 15 years of experience in both precision and large format solutions for industrial, semiconductor, clean technology and oil & gas markets. We provide comprehensive engineering and test capabilities: from in-house and hydrostatic leak-testing of medium and large format vacuum chambers to machining of precision stainless steel mechanisms. We have the capacity to machine components up to 3 meters. Our metal fabrication services include grinding, vacuum welding, heat treating, plating and anodizing. We can process many advanced materials, including aluminum, stainless steel, plastics, ferrous-nonferrous and other exotic alloys
Facilities Maintenance Technician helps oversee the day-to-day operations of the building /facility.
NATURE OF DUTIES:
* Handle building/building repairs
* Help conduct and maintain building inventories
* Move and put together furniture, handle cleaning, painting and stocking of employee areas.
* Works with both inside and outside clean up, maintenance operating site equipment and hand/power tools as needed.
* Assist Front Desk Admin with various tasks, update status of work with them to close out work request.
* Transport supplies and off-site storage.
* Open/Close daily work orders routed from work order system.
* Communicate/Coordinate with end users on work order tasks.
* Assist with equipment/instrument moves as directed.
* Assist employees with office moves.
* Assist with general ongoing building maintenance (including, but not limited to light bulb replacement, wall patching/painting, lab bench modifications, sign hanging, shelving and rack building).
* Perform corrective actions per EHS observations.
* Perform monthly emergency shower testing, fire extinguisher monitoring, and AED monitoring.
* Escort and oversee onsite facility related vendors. Ensure vendors and contractors are acting in accordance with guidelines.
* Setup / take down company events, moving chairs and tables.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma.
* Previous work experience as a handyman or in a skilled trade, such as roofing, landscaping or plumbing is preferred.
* The ability to bend and stand for long periods of time is needed with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
THIS IS AN ITAR FACILITY AND THE APPLICANT MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR A LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT.
SANMINA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/VETERAN/DISABILITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY