Facilities Planner II, Vandenburg AFB, Lompoc, CA, US ID#15826
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/8/2019
END DATE 12/7/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
Vandenbrg AFB, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFacilities Planner II / Programmer, Vandenburg AFB, Lompoc, CA, US ID#15826
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division's portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
Supports Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting's client, the 30th Civil Engineer Squadron at Vandenberg AFB, California through the planning, estimating, and programming of Facility Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (FSRM), Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF), and Military Construction (MILCON) projects for future year execution. Personnel will perform all required enterprise business system data entry, prepare supporting documents, validate currency and completeness of BUILDERTM Sustainment Management System (SMS) data, work with customers to define project requirements, prepare cost estimates, draft DD Form 1391s, and advise the 30 CES on recommended procurement strategies. Utilizing all applicable laws and Air Force Instructions, personnel will categorize project work and determine the MILCON Facility Replacement Cost, as required. Individuals will research and utilize relevant project details and costs in conjunction with local market data to improve fidelity of project requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide technical expertise and project management advice and guidance
* Collaborate with customers, stakeholders, architects, engineers, and construction managers
* Define and develop engineering project requirements and translate them into Performance Work Statements/Statements of Work
* Develop cost estimates for project execution
* Input and maintain project data into an Air Force Enterprise Business system.
* Provide reports and other products in support of Facility Working Groups, Facility Utilization Boards, and other installation meetings
* Support the development of the annual Base Comprehensive Asset Management Plan submission
* Provide technical support to determine the feasibility/capability of existing facilities to support new missions or long range programs as well as define requirements for new or additional facilities
* Assist in the development of various project management tools to include PMPs, Source Selection Plans (SSPs), Acquisition strategies, formal Acquisition Plans (AQPs), and Economic Analyses
* Prepare reports and recommendations for project sponsors and stakeholders
* Advance concepts and approaches, reviews projects progress and results; provide project status to help management resource decisions
* Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities; assesses the feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment
* Plans and manages projects. Writes (or discusses) project plan(s), recommendation(s) and/or finding(s)
* Performs other job related duties as required.
Non-supervisory. Reports to Program Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in any Architecture or Facility Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil); Master's Degree is desirable
* Minimum 8 years' experience in design and construction activities with project programming experience
* Experience with design and construction of high-interest, high-visibility Air Force projects is highly desirable
* Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
* Experience utilizing BUILDERTM Sustainment Management System is desired
* Experience with TRIRIGA and E4Clicks is highly desired
* Experience with MS Project, AutoCADD, Primavera, and Visio a plus
* Ability to successfully pass drug screening and a federal background check is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Minimum 8 years Design, Construction and/or Construction management experience with some experience in project programming
* Experience and understanding of the military design and construction process is desired.
* Excellent communication skills both oral, visual and written
* Ability to work independently with little supervision
* Outstanding interaction skills, tact, and team building skills
* Must use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions
* The majority of work is technical in nature and conducted in a climate-controlled office environment.
* Regular field activities include project site surveys and construction site visits.
View all of our open positions here: Cherokee Nation Businesses Careers
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.