Facilities Technician 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID: 53051
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Rockmart (3110)
Rockmart, GA, United States, 30153
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Facilities Technician monitors and maintains utilities and process equipment following standard procedures, requirements and safety policies. Follows well-defined instructions to maintain, troubleshoot and repair utilities and process equipment, while optimizing the utilization of Meggitt facilities.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Plans, organizes and prioritizes work activities and duties in order to maintain facilities
* Inspects, repairs, replaces, services and maintains existing electromechanical
* Conducts electrial systems conduit runs, including light and power circuits, motors, control equipment, light fixtures and panels
* Understands and follows safety procedures, maintenance instructions, manuals, blueprints, electrical schematics and assembly diagrams
* Ensures the safe usage and disposal of hazardous materials according to safety procedures and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
* Maintains necessary records/documents of work performed
* Follows all safety policy and procedures
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications : Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience : 2 years or more of relevant experience
* Working knowledge of electromechanical and electrical systems
* Ability to recognize and solve typical problems from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods
* Experience in working within a team environment and able to adapt to changes in work requirements
* Excellent customer service skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.