Facility Condition Inspector (Electromechanical Systems) Journeyman, Whiteman AFB, MO, US,ID#17647 5/5/2020
Whiteman Afb, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Facility Condition Inspector (Physical Component) - Journeyman, Requisition #17647
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for a Facility Condition Inspector (Physical Component) -Journeyman to support the 509th Civil Engineering Squadron at Whiteman AFB, MO under this Civil Engineer Project Support services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The purpose of this position is to collect the data used to assess the condition of facility and infrastructure components (e.g. roofs, walls, and floors).
* Evaluate existing utility infrastructure such as gas, water, sewage, drainage, and electrical systems.
* Must be physically able to perform field investigation work which requires the ability to physically crawl under, access, and climb ladders and facilities such as roofs or to walk through uneven surfaces or hard hat areas; access elevated mechanical rooms, and electrical substations in all types of weather conditions.
* Possess knowledge to access, open, and evaluate equipment for visual inspection.
* Collect Inventory and Condition assessment information, and then input relevant data into the BUILDER(tm) and PAVER Sustainment Management System (SMS) software tool.
* Using BUILDER(tm) and PAVER, the Contractor will perform FCA data collections, input inventory data, inspect equipment, and correct component and component? section information to ensure the data reflects what is inventoried and its current condition.
* In the event an SMS is not available for the given information a self?generated EXCEL or ACCESS file spread sheet will be generated by the Contractor to provide the required information.
* Self generated files will follow the same format as BUILDER. This data will be instrumental in providing the Government with critical information needed to predict when to reuse, repurpose, or renovate structures instead of building new facilities.
* Visit each facility, identified utility, parking lot, road, airfield pavement areas specified on Whiteman AFB to accomplish assessments and data entry.
* Conduct facility data analysis to identify requirements and develop future projects and maintenance plans. Analysis will use BUILDER data, TRIRIGA, PAVER SMS data, or generated EXCEL/ACCESS files. Project requirements, scope, and planning data produced will be sufficient for project execution.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Candidates must be US Citizens
* Candidates will be subject to a US federal government background investigation and must favorably pass a drug test
* Completed High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Experience with assessing or maintaining systems for facilities.
* Journeyman Level Skills in building physical components (roofs, walls, floors, pavements, and structures)
* Over five (5) years general or facilities related inspection, maintenance, or operations including experience gained as an operating engineer or structural trades person.
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
* Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
* Interprets standards, codes, and policies and routinely apply them to develop project requirements, creates designs and/or reviews design submissions.
* United States citizen with a clear background for government security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting on a US military installation, a controlled office environment as well as working outside in a job site environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services -- from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense -- for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will