Farmers Branch TX - TRCC 911 Dispatcher I - Full Time in Farmers Branch, TX 6/6/2020
Global Medical Response
Farmers Branch, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FARMERS BRANCH TX - TRCC 911 DISPATCHER I - FULL TIME IN FARMERS BRANCH, TX
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Dispatcher I
Location: Texas Regional Communications Center Farmers Branch TX
Reports To: Director Communications / Communications Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Dispatcher I functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The Dispatcher I will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
* Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
* Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
* Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
* Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
* Other duties as defined by the formal job description
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
* Must be able to attain Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification as part of the internal training program
* Emergency Dispatcher experience preferred
While training is provided for the right candidates, the following is required:
* Emergency Medical Dispatch Certificate.
* Knowledge of medical terminology or prior medical training.
* Experience in EMS Communications, high volume call center or public safety dispatch.
* Ability to work rotating shift, including nights, weekends, holidays
Knowledge and Skills:
* Skilled in reading and writing English.
* Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone. Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
* Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
* Ability to understand basic computer applications.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled