FED Security Officer (Armed)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/2/2019
END DATE 11/3/2019
Paragon Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of the Program Manger working with Homeland Security Federal Protective Service you will be responsible for protection of federally owned/leased facilities. Will observe and report activities and incidents at assigned locations, providing for the security and safety of client property, visitors, and personnel. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises; control access to client site and facility through the admittance process; responsive in all situations; monitors entrances and exits and acts to prevent unapproved OR unlawful entry; patrols assigned site on foot OR in vehicle, checks for unsafe conditions such as hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations; protects evidence OR scenes of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, OR security investigations; prepares logs OR reports as requested. May be exposed to stressful situations. Training certification classes will be provided.
* US citizen OR Lawful Resident who is a current member of OR has a honorable discharge from the us armed forces and must have a social security card.
* Received a High School diploma, OR received a GED, OR shows HS graduation/equivalent education on a DD-214, OR completion of 60 credit hours in related field from learning institution recognized by Dept. of Education, OR successfully graduated from a federal/state certified law enforcement education/training course that may result in a LE appointment OR commission.
* Have a minimum of two years of Armed Security/LE experience OR 2 years of Honorable service with the US Armed Forces.
* Be a minimum of 21 years of age; fluent in speaking, reading, comprehending and writing English due to nature of the position.
* Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/OR regulations.
* Excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
* Ability to provide quality Customer Service.
* Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
* Ability to work independently OR as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
* Ability to perform essential functions of the position which may include long periods of sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs, OR driving with OR without reasonable accommodations.
* Ability to see, hear, and smell in Order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations.
* Ability to use computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.), monitor security cameras, and send and receive email using MS Outlook.
* Reliable and have a strong work ethic.
* Reliable transportation and current Driver's License
* Must able to obtain OR possess any applicable security guard or weapons permit necessary
* Must be able to pass a background check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
* Must be able to pass a physical agility test if applicable; complete required training and pass examination.
Guard/clearance card, gun/OC/Baton permit, CPR, First Aid a plus.
Schedule will be discussed at the interview. Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required.
Our benefits include Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision available), 401(k), Vacation, Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Honorably discharged veterans, widow/widowers, OR spouses of honorably discharged veterans who have service connected permanent and total disability are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer and subject to the affirmative action and non-discrimination requirements of Executive order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, 38 USC Section 4212 as amended. Implementation of 41 CFR 60-1.4, 41 CFR 60-250.5, 300.5, and 741.5. Equal Opportunity Employer and follows all AA/ADAAA guidelines.
VEVRAA Federal contractor * priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665