Feed Milling Management Trainee 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Feed milling management trainees will gain knowledge and training in all stages of the feed mill within Seaboard Foods. During their training period, trainees will be exposed to all areas of Seaboard Foods' connected food system. Trainees will receive feed mill management, supervisory and leadership training necessary to prepare them for a supervisory or technical role within a feed mill or feed mill support department. The training period will take place in one of our seven feed mills located in Optima, OK, Perryton, TX, Leoti, KS, Hugoton, KS, or Holyoke, CO. Upon completion of the training period, feed milling trainees will be able to apply for open positions in any of our operations areas and be promoted within Seaboard Foods. If you're someone who is interested in feed milling, nutrition or milling science with a mechanical aptitude, apply today!
* Rotating through each area of the mill (scale house, receiving, control room, dispatch, inventory, clerical, feed accounting, feed ordering, etc.) in order to gain knowledge of each department.
* Learning and understanding the flow of all materials, incoming and out-going, and the standard operating procedures of all areas of the feed mill.
* Operating all areas of the feed mill and completely understand automation system.
* Meeting production targets and maintain quality control as well as upkeep, and sanitation of property, equipment and vehicles.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with supervisors, peers, subordinates, internal and external customers.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year university or college, an Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related areas of study include: milling science, bakery science, industrial engineering, ag business, general business, operations management, animal science, ag systems and technology, technical certificates or degrees in technical fields, or other related fields or experience.
* Coursework or experience in feed milling or manufacturing.
* Demonstrated experience or have the ability to facilitate, encourage, coach and lead a team to reach set goals.
* Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people such as employees, managers, and senior management.
* Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and be on call at all times of the day and week, when assigned, to resolve any issues that arise.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
* Orientation and connected food system overview, with exposure and understanding of core areas of the business, including support departments
* Specific technical training in areas of interest and skills, depending upon needs
* Supervisory, leadership, communication and problem-solving training
* Business management and strategies
* Trainees may be asked to work in various areas and locations in production, processing, or support areas, as needed throughout the training period
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
* Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
* Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS: At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh(R) pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: