Fenics/kACE: Product Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 1/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Product Specialist, Americas
Dept: FENICS Client Services
Based: New York
Product: FENICS Professional, FENICS Gateway
Reporting to: Head of Client Services, Americas
FENICS Software, a division of GFI Group Inc, has more than 28 years experience of providing intuitive price discovery, risk management and workflow solutions to currency derivative markets. The award winning platform, FENICS Professional, is licensed for use at over 350 client sites worldwide with FENICS offices operating out of London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo.
GFI Group Inc. is a leading provider of wholesale brokerage, clearing services, electronic execution and trading support products, providing services to institutional clients for a range of fixed income, equity, commodity and financial products.
The FENICS Client Services team are responsible for providing clients with technical assistance, functional advice and problem resolution with respect to the various FENICS products. Client interaction is undertaken in a highly consultative manner working alongside the FENICS Account Management team and Sales teams to ensure the client receives an excellent level of service.
The role of the Product Specialist includes support to existing clients as well as assisting prospective client trials, new client implementations, new product rollouts and testing of both core and customised developments. The Product Specialist will be required to visit clients in the Americas region once a good level of product knowledge has been reached.
* Providing technical support and consultation resolving client issues, capturing underlying business implications of client queries and help feed this information into FENICS product development cycle.
* Assisting clients with queries related to their Profit and Loss and Position Management, analysing and explaining risk parameters and results.
* Documenting client contact regarding queries and assistance provided.
* Supporting client use of FX Options trading functionality, technical set up and system configuration as well as liaising between clients and trading partners with respects to connectivity queries.
* Assisting with workflow testing (and over time design) of bespoke Options solutions developed by FENICS for clients.
* Understanding business reasons for client product enhancements requests, clarifying required functionality, triage of priority for development team and testing of end functionality developed via this process.
* Coordinating Installation & Implementation for core product for new clients
* Producing FENICS documentation.
* Creating use cases and/or acceptance tests to clarify and supplement the functional requirements of the specifications.
* Performing Business Level testing.
* Liaising between the various interested parties (Client, Account management, Development teams) to interpret/clarify requirements as necessary to facilitate the successful development and delivery of the bespoke projects.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* University Degree educated with some experience in a client facing role.
* Strong analytical ability and displays logical approach to troubleshooting.
* General competency with IT and proficiency with the standard Microsoft Office suite of tools is essential.
* Must be able to quickly gain a holistic and detailed understanding of the client, their products and their business.
* Strong organisation skills; able to prioritise effectively both internal and external clients and drive projects through to completion.
* High level of self motivation and initiative with ability to work independently.
* Team player and good inter-departmental communicator.
Bonus Knowledge and Skills:
* Basics of the FX Options market and FX trading strategies.
* Appreciation of bank systems, IT architecture & trading platforms.
* Experience with SQL, XML and FIX.
* Financial mathematics or statistics
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law