Fiber Optic Assembler (TEMP) - 1st Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2020
END DATE 10/9/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description and Responsibilities:
Coherent is a world leader of lasers and laser-based technology for materials processing, microelectronics, scientific, life sciences and medical customers. The light we deliver touches almost every aspect of human life vision correction to cell analysis, precision welding to 3-D metal printing, gravity wave detection to brain research. Put your talents to work at Coherent where you can create and innovate enabling technologies that will push the frontiers of science and technology.
We are seeking Fiber Optic Assemblers in our Salem, NH facility for temporary assignments. In this assignment, temporary Assemblers perform any combination of the following tasks to assemble electronic components or sub-assemblies:
* Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
* Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device
* Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools,machines, and equipment
* Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel
* Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points, using soldering, welding, thermos-compression, or related bonding procedures and equipment
* Installs finished assemblies or sub-assemblies in cases and cabinets. Assembles andattaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches to assemblies
* Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics
* Performs on-line go-no-go testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
Education and Work Experience:
* High School diploma or GED
* Prior experience with small parts assembly
* Basic computer proficiency
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.