Field AV Technician 2/17/2019
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mood Media Corporation is a leading in-store media specialist that uses a mix of music, visual and scent media to help its clients communicate with consumers with a view to driving incremental sales at the point-of-purchase. Operating through its two principal divisions; In-Store Media and Retail Point-of-Purchase; Mood Media Corporation works with more than 800 retail chains in more than 40 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Based in the San Francisco area, the Mood Technician is responsible for all aspects of installation, maintenance and repair of commercial audio and visual systems, including installing and servicing audio, video, commercial sound systems, and drive-thru equipment. Members of surrounding area IBEW locals are welcome to apply.
A Technician should possess good customer service skills, an attention to detail and the ability to multi task. In addition, the technician must be able to take on tasks with very little supervision, exercise independent judgment in performing such tasks and complete them in a quick and efficient manner. Excellent in person and remote communication skills are a must. The technician must be willing and able to drive a van and maintain a driving record that meets the company's insurability criteria.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
* Physically installing, servicing, maintaining and troubleshooting all types of commercial, audio, video and satellite systems, and drive-thru technology at client works sites. Responsibilities include working indoors and outdoors; working at heights, getting tools and equipment to/from and working on/in rooftops, ceilings, crawl spaces and other tight or difficult spaces using ladders and other devices; and testing/diagnosing systems to insure all is in proper working order; all in accordance with company safety requirements.
* Diagnosing sound equipment imbalances by listening for audio defects.
* Reviewing client history on company database to insure the appropriate tools, AV equipment and systems are available upon reaching the job site(s) and adding to client history notes and all related updates based on work performed.
* Applying technical knowledge of electronics and networking principles in determining equipment and cabling placement as well as diagnosing malfunctions and applies such skills in installing or restoring equipment operations.
* Resolving system problems for clients in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
* Advising clients of system or equipment upgrades and enhancements based on his/her technical and product knowledge.
* Participating in training provided by the company or through the company as required and obtaining/maintaining licenses and/or certifications as required by local or state mandates to perform company work.
* Completing notes, paperwork, timekeeping and other clerical aspects related to the job in a timely and accurate manner.
* Performing visual and manual Safe Job Performance Assessments prior to performing work at client sites, adhering to safety rules and processes while performing work.
* Maintaining, using and operating company vehicles and equipment in a safe and secure manner, advising management of any problems with the vehicle or other equipment immediately to facilitate repair and adhering to company policy with regard to such equipment and driving practices. This may involve long periods of driving to client locations.
* Physically maintaining a clean, organized kiosk; which includes stocking shelves and stacking equipment; breakdown packaging and disposing of such, packaging items for shipment and conducting inventory counts.
Mood Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Visit us online at www.moodmedia.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled