Field Engineer (Surveyor - HSW) 10/17/2019
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company is seeking a qualified Field Engineer to join our team in Seattle, Washington. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us. The Field Engineer is responsible for laying out the work and checking installations by company crews and subcontractors for compliance with field engineering standards. Checks all work for compliance with contract documents and coordinates work by subcontractors. Oversees the physical layout of work and coordinate with Chief Field Engineer and Superintendent to ensure compliance with contract specifications by company and subcontractors.
* Provide grid line offsets and benchmarks for trades.
* Research contract documents and review approved shop drawings.
* Maintain accurate as-built drawings and sketches.
* Calculate dimensional data for layout work.
* Review submittals and coordinate with topographic drawings prepared by Project Engineers.
* Coordinate with Superintendent and schedule layout crews to perform without delays.
* Identifying problems timely with an ability to provide solutions to correct the condition.
* Ensure safety program procedures are maintained in work areas.
* Attend all required project meetings.
* Monitors subcontractors' work to ensure tolerances are being met.
* Maintain a good working relationship with subcontractors.
* Coach and train levels of newer engineers, rodmen, etc., to advance their development.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
* Technical training or coursework in surveying, civil engineering, or a related field. Five years of relevant years of experience in the construction industry may be substituted for formal education.
* Basic survey skills and knowledge of the correct and safe usage of surveying instruments including total station and equipment.
* Experience working with AutoCAD.
* Experienced in blueprint reading and understands contract documents.
* Common knowledge of Algebra, Ordinary Geometry, and Trigonometry and can accurately calculate dimensional data for layout work.
* Working knowledge of job site tolerances and checks work.
* Able to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* The majority of work is completed on jobsites in an office trailer or in the field. Locations could change day to day depending on needs.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.