This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/8/2018
END DATE 9/22/2019
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc.
Slippery Rock, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Field Liaison serves as a subject matter expert on OPM Background Investigation policies, procedures, databases, and operating programs. This position will provide guidance and support to the investigative field staff on background investigations contract.
The Field Liaison will be responsible for providing guidance on case coverage, issue resolution, reporting format, and quality matters for potential background investigation contracts. Distinguishing characteristics of this role include thorough, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of conducting and reviewing background investigations, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to support a nationwide field-force of background investigators.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Answer questions from investigative field staff as well as review staff via phone and email in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner
* Provide guidance on case coverage, issue resolution, and reporting format and substance as well as all other aspects of fieldwork
* Explain/interpret case related communication
* Spot review reports of investigation (ROIs) for coverage
* Help staff navigate customer databases
* Implement process improvements in conjunction with all departments to maximize efficiency, ensure quality, and maintain timeliness in a secure environment
* Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position.
* Must be a citizen of the United States
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Federal security clearance; current security clearance preferred
* Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements.
* Thorough knowledge of background investigation requirements
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent is required. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education
* At least three years of experience conducting quality control review and/or investigative fieldwork of OPM Federal background investigations
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
* Maintain open lines of communication with all departments
* Strong interpersonal, writing, and communications skills
* Highly organized, punctual, and responsible
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Ability to establish and build rapport with new people
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with executives and staff in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone
* Maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions with many employment opportunities across the country. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core values are integrity, vigilance and compliance. Therefore, we are looking for individuals to join our organization who share the same values.