Field Project Manager 5/3/2020
Silver Spring, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Ready to put your project management skills to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record working with teams to get the job done?
Parsons is now hiring a Field Project Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions while acting as a client representative. In this role you will: manage all onsite activities for a small project, or a subtask of a larger project, in accordance with the project schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project/client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client for all site activities related to assigned area(s) of responsibility. Willingness to relocate to job site is expected. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience as a client rep at a field level will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Field Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills
* Collaborates with Project Manager to establish project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements.
* Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
* Collaborates with Project Manager to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
* Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and makes staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
* Establishes objectives and conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
* Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site.
* Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices.
* Posts all required legal notices at the job site.
* Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others.
* Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of project progress and pending issues to Project Manager.
* Submits monthly reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations.
* Assists Project Manager in pricing and negotiating changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors.
* Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation activities.
* Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
* Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and Project Manager to identify and implement corrective actions.
* Keeps client and Project Manager informed of the day to day activities of the project.
* Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The selected candidate needs to have managed electrical projects and be able to write scopes of work and prepare government estimates, review contractor proposals, run contractor meetings, etc. Enrollment in PM certification program is preferred, but not required. Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity; Excellent written and oral communications skills; Familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
Minimum Experience: 10+ years related work experience is required; 3 years in a leadership role at a field site
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.