Field Quality Engineer, Cooper Lighting Solutions 5/6/2020
Signify North America Corporation
Peachtree City, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Field Quality Engineer at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You ll be responsible for communicating with Agents, Internal Teams, and Manufacturing Plans daily to resolve technical and quality Post Sales Customer Issues while maintaining detailed job files in the SAP quality module.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* Coordinates the activities of internal departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality) with agents and contractors in the field as needed to drive resolution of customer problems in a timely manner.
* Create and maintain detailed job files in the SAP quality module.
* Negotiate and Review field labor issues to determine validity prior to payment authorization.
* Review BOM s and purchase orders for errors.
* Review customer Return Material Requests through Electricals Testing and Analysis to approve/deny according to established procedures.
* Travels to job sites to diagnose issues and document root cause and options for resolution.
* Generate and track replacement orders and communicate resolution strategy.
* Communicate Quality Issues through Analytical Data and Reports to Divisional and Manufacturing Quality Teams.
* Analyze requests to determine the root cause or collaborate with engineering team to achieve resolution.
* Research questions and problems using available information resources.
* Escalate project roadblocks and work to resolve issues to bring projects to closure.
WHAT YOU LL NEED
* BS in Engineering.
* 1-year experience in a customer facing role.
* Basic knowledge of lighting products and systems.
* Basic knowledge of testing and troubleshooting.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and reach a resolution.
* Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills.
* Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills.
* Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Components.
* Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
ABOUT COOPER LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Any and all information you share with us as part of your application procedure will be assessed during the application process
Please be informed that unless our vacancy explicitly references a third party recruitment agency, Signify does not engage with third-party agencies. Applications should be made directly to our career site.
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.