Field Sales Representative - Mid-Atlantic Territory 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Bruker Daltonics Inc is seeking a Field Sales Representative for the Mid-AtlanticTerritory - VA, DC, MD, DE, PA for Life Science Research Mass Spectrometry.
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for over 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
* Meets or exceeds assigned territory sales target by maintaining & growing sales in current accounts, and identifying & closing business in new accounts.
* Accurately forecasts prospects through sales cycle. Maintains balance & list of prospects that reflects sales targets and tracks this in CRM. Interprets customer needs & identify BDAL solutions. Builds & articulates BDAL value proposition. Understands customer decision making process, and key decision makers and influencers.
* Cultivates key accounts / key opinion leaders.
* Provides sales territory information, forecasts, reports and other business data through the BDAL management structure.
* Completes a business plan for the assigned territory detailing specific strategies and activities required to achieve goals.
* Identifies & works with internal resources to enhance customer interaction through sales process.
* Maintains & enhances sales skills through technical & sales training.
* Develops & maintains territory opportunities in the SalCRMCRM database.
* Maintains & enhances technical knowledge on BDAL products, company literature & information, and competition.
* Maintains knowledge to discuss commercial contract terms.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in chemistry/biochemistry, or equivalent scientific degree or equivalent work experience required.
Minimum of five years sales experience in related industry, with demonstrated success, required.
Essential to have experience with contact management database software (eg Microsoft Dynamics CRM or SFDC), and MS Office. Must be able to learn new software packages; e.g. Adobe Acrobat.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have & be able to maintain valid travel documentation and driving license.
Other Skills And Abilities:
Excellent communications skills needed to work with a wide variety of knowledge levels with customers of differing backgrounds, and within BDAL (e.g. management, service applications).
Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and organization skills.
Ability to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment.
Must be able to maintain home office with telephone lines and computer connectivity. Must have flexibility, ability to prioritize and manage differing time constraints: time management is essential. In depth industry knowledge.
Self-motivation is essential as is a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal.
Willingness and ability to travel, as extensive travel within the territory is required. (~70%)
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.