Field Service Associate- Chicago
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 12/23/2019
C. R. Bard, Inc.
Job Description Summary
BD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells
medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to
improving people s health throughout the world. BD is focused on
improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing
infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs
and vaccines. The Company s capabilities are instrumental in combating
many of the world s most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and
headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than
25,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The
Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers,
clinical laboratories, industry and the general ********* is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
* Responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that
includes, but is not limited to: preventive maintenance, repairs,
installation and service of diagnostic instrumentation, holiday
and weekend on-site support, marketing, exhibitions, and clinical
* Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct
supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance
with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards
* Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently
been provided service
* Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers'
* Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and
* Complete service documentation, as required, by the position
function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in
accordance with current GMP requirements
* Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense
* Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for
field service travel and sites visits
* Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to
the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager
* Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by
current corporate fleet policy.
* Interface effectively with other departments and managers to
resolve customer problems and issues.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Accountable for providing support to customers that meet BD
standards of superior quality service at all times. Accountable
for Company issued credit cards, travel advances, company vehicle,
trunk stock of spare, and repair parts. As a representative of BD,
promote and maintain good customer relations through high
standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and
* High School Diploma/GED is required.
* Associate Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering
* Experience with medical devices and equipment,
PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is a
* A technical background is a plus.
* Must have effective communication and customer service skills
including technical writing and training.
* Must have effective interpersonal skills,
organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
* PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly
* A technical degree or related certification is a plus.
* Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
and meet BD's auto safety standards.
* Ability to travel 90% of the time - with 40% overnight travel
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Baltimore