Field Service Engineer - Multi-vendor LC/LCMS - San Francisco
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2019
END DATE 10/22/2019
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAgilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Every day, Agilent Field Service Engineers help our customers to solve issues that enable scientists to make discoveries that enhance the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide support that keep labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our dynamic organization to be a part of this rewarding work.
As a Field Service Engineer for Agilent, you will work at a variety of labs, so having an appetite for continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables is key. Applying your communication skills, creativity and can-do attitude is essential. The ability to help with solving customer problems and a commitment to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is how you will build customer success.
You will be responsible for supporting our customers with on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions. Our varied product lines include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
* Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
* Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
* Performs maintenance and repairs
* Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
* Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
* Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
* Train other field engineers and customers in the solutions.
* Bachelors', Masters' Degree or other university Degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) highly preferred; may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of education, training and hands on work experience
* 6+ years of related experience including a combination of running, maintaining and repairing analytical instrumentation required
* Specific experience working on AB Sciex GC/LC product lines and Agilent Chromatography equipment
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership capabilities
* Prior experience working in a customer facing capacity and/or a customer driven environment
* Solid organizational and leadership capabilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to solve, high impact problems related to product availability and functionality; typically instrument/ system/ solution focused
* Must be available for regular travel, including overnight travel (up to 25%) , based on business needs
* A valid driver's license is required for this role
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org opens an email client application opens an email client application . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled