Field Service Engineer - San Jose, CA 6/4/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Bruker Daltonics, a leading manufacturer of mass spectrometry instrumentation, software and accessories, has an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer focused on key account support in the San Jose, CA area. The Field Service Engineer will install and support high resolution Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation focused in pharmaceutical research laboratories.
* Familiarize and train customers for basic operation of the equipment
* Perform remote support and diagnostic analysis to determine independently if on site corrective maintenance is required
* Organize and prioritize schedule in accordance with customer requirements to determine needs for immediate attention, via onsite visits, and remote assistance
* Re-qualify the entire instrument after service repair by running complex compounds for verification, in accordance with customer expectations.
* Secure customer acceptance of installation and maintenance sign-off.
* Perform installation of new systems, preventive and corrective maintenance
* Communicate and work closely with Service and Support Center, Regional Service Management and Applications Specialists
* Perform other duties as required.
* B.S. in Biotech, Biology or Chemistry related fields or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3 years experience diagnosing and repairing mass spectrometers.
* Proven knowledge of analog electronics, high voltage circuitry/circuits, laser technology.
* Experience with GLP and working in a regulated environment
* Strong technical skills involving analytical instrumentation.
* Excellent customer focus with ability to reliably respond to inquiries, communicate and interact with Scientists that possess a Ph.D. (or Master s Degree) in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Microbiology.
* Excellent verbal, written, MS Office, computer, technical data, and networking communication and presentation skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
* Valid Drivers' License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines within an entrepreneurial and customer-focused work environment.
* Focus on Bay Area region with ability and willingness to travel up to 50% as required by customer demand.
* May require lifting (up to 50 lbs), bending, and squatting and working in laboratory environments.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.